I believe that New Zealand will win based on the similarity between the WC-1987 and WC- 2015.
- Sum of 8 and 7 is 6 in the year 1987. Sum of 1 and 5 is 6 in the year 2015.
- In both semifinals, India chased the target.
- England defeated India in 1987 and Australia was a new team that was not considered to win. Now, Australia defeated India and they are considered stronger than New Zealand.
- Ravi Shastri was the part of Indian team in WC-1987 and he was still the part of this team in WC-2015.
- Gavaskar was from Mumbai and Rohit Sharma is from Mumbai. When we expected from both, they did not click.
- In 1987, India lost the semifinal against England. In 2015, we lost against Australia.
- England did batting first. Within few overs, opener Robinson was out like Warner. Also, Australia did batting first in this semifinal against India.
- Gooch made a century after the fall of the first wicket. After the first fall, Smith did the same in 2015.
- Mike Gatting complemented Gooch from the other side with a half-century like Finch did in 2015.
- In the last few over, Alan Lamb made runs with strike over more than 100 and those 20-30 runs cost us. In 2015 semifinal, Johnson did that job.
- In the whole series we were dependent on Sidhu and he did not click in the SF. In this WC-2015, we were dependent on Kohli but he did not play. Both play for the North India.
- There was a player Chetan Sharma and now we had a player Mohit Sharma. Both were in team as a third pace bowler.
- There was a player Maninder Singh and now we had a player Mahendra Singh.
- There was Srikkanth who was known for hitting the ball and now we had Shikhar who is famous for his hard hitting.
- Mohammad Azharuddin was part of that team and Mohammad Shammi was part of team in 2015.
- No Asian team was in the final in 1987 and also in 2015.
Parmit Singh Dhurandhar